Coverage Area
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design

I had someone contact me from an unknown number and I wanted to make sure I was aware of who it was.So I did sign up for the trial and I do understand that the wording is there that says if you don't cancel you'll be charged X amount.

That in itself is a money trap. Of course I forgot and then while looking for a way to cancel the membership it advertised to me to look at my own background check. I clicked on that and didn't realize I'd be charged $30 for just looking! I didn't even get a report.

Why would I not own my own information anyway!!! It's MY background check you don't think I should have the power to remove that? I called to remove my service and cancel my account and I nicely requested a reimbursement which was promptly denied.

My advice, just don't even use the service.It's an absolute money trap.

Review about: Peoplefinders Phone Number Lookup.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Information found.

I didn't like: False and deceptive advertising, Misled and bilked.

Had an Experience with Peoplefinders?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1350524

Why are you complaining? You are the one who failed to read the conditions. Perhaps new glasses?

to h.kitchener Santa Clara, California, United States #1350535

Because it's unfair that I'm charged a fee and presented a receipt of that fee and then charged an absolutely different amount.It would be one thing like for example, Netflix.

You have a trial and at the end of the trial you're charged $7.99. That is worth the mistake if you had forgotten to cancel your membership, as you've enjoyed a month worth of movie watching.

I get NOTHING...no report, no service, no product for my $30.

To have a receipt for $.95 for a service that you wanted and asked for and then to look at your credit card HOURS after the cutoff, not even days but hours, and be charged $29.95 is worth a complaint and I believe if I had read the complaints against this company I would have never agreed to the first $.95 charge so I hope to stop at least one person from making the same mistake in giving this company their business.

Make jokes as you wish, I hope I am able to get to a point of financial stability where a $30 credit card charge doesn't phase me either.Thanks for the helpful comment though, it was very appreciated.

to h.kitchener #1350537

I am complaining because it is unfair to have been given a receipt for $.95 and check my credit card 3 days and 4 hours later to find a $29.95 charge for a service that I don't even get to utilize and have nothing substantial in my hand for what I've paid for.

If I had read the awful reviews against this company before agreeing to the first charge I would have never complied with the agreement presented. I have submitted my experience so that others do not make the same mistake as I did.

I hope to get to a point of financial stability as you where a $30 charge to my credit card doesn't phase me but unfortunately I am not currently in that state of comfort.

Thank you so much for your helpful comment though, it was incredibly appreciated.