Peoplefinders.com is a scam! Do not use!

I used Peoplefinders.com to find a phone number for me.I was under the impression it was only going to cost $0.95.

They ended up charging me and extra $0.95 to email it to me and then a hidden charge of $24.95 for not canceling a trial I did not know I had. When I called them to ask politley and nicely after I said I was happy with their service but wanted the charges I did not use or want or know of to be taken off, they said it was completely impossible. I called my credit card company to dispute the unautorized charge so we shall see if they can do anything for me. I hate it when people are devious.

SHAME ON YOU PEOPLEFINDERS!Where is your integrity?

118febda review #195990
79 94 Helpful?
Had the same issue4 Comments77
Had an experience with Peoplefinders?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan

Feb 27 Greensboro, North Carolina

I signed up for the .95 unlimited 3 day trial. You can cancel in three days or they bill you 24.95. Nearly every number I did a reverse lookup on came back as "no information". This is a total scam. I cancelled immediately and will watch my credit card account closely.
I was in such a hurry I feel *** for not first searching for reviews on peoplefinders. Lesson learned!

rae

Feb 23 Seminole, Florida

is not honest There info is very outdated likes years. I had family members DEAD that showed as living 5 yrs later. Save your money go somewhere else. same trial trick its called switch and bait

seekingjoy

Sep 10, 2014

use debit cards, go to bank, file complaint, get money back immediately, unless you did have a contract, they got to fight you in court!

vlad

Jul 03, 2014 Fort Worth, Texas

they still operate and doing the same scamming. they took 24.95 from my debit card even though I canceled the payment, I saw it while checking my money. now I'm trying to call but I get no signal on my phone to speak to someone to dispute the payment. how can this company operate for years through scamming and nothing is getting done? I personally don't know who to call to get them in court, but maybe you guys know.

Anon

Apr 22, 2014

@ honestperspective - the only reason you used this service was to get a private number. Otherwise you wouldn't need this service. Stalker.

0 3 Reply

Feb 27 Greensboro, North Carolina

I think my son is buying and selling and I am checking the numbers and gathering all the facts I can before I take action. Call me stalker if you want. When I confront him, I want evidence in my hands.

edpow

Oct 23, 2013

These people suck. I found exactly who I wanted a phone number for to report a death of a relative and they sent me every friggin name except the one I needed. Never again, people finder. You friggers are total scammers. ***.

Oct 17, 2013

there are never any free lunches

Punkin

Oct 02, 2013

I can't even get a good # for them to complain; the # listed on their web page is not a working#. Does anyone have a good # for them? :sigh :sigh :sigh

sheryl

Jul 25, 2013

I also got taken in by the $.96 deal. They have been withdrawing $24.95 from my bank account for 7 months. I did not catch this because I had no idea I had been signed up. I canceled the account online because their customer service will not let you talk to a real person. So far they have not responded. My bank said to give them 10 days to correct this. Will change debit card if they do not stop. I'm out alot of money.

sessa

May 29, 2013 Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Most of you clearly don't understand the definition of a scam. Incurring additional charges because you didn't read what you were agreeing to DOESN'T MAKE IT A SCAM!! Take responsibility for YOUR mistakes.

1 4 Reply
b2rad4u

Sep 08, 2013 Albany, Georgia

Ya..it is a scam when the fine print at the bottom doesn't make sense to most of us and they mislead us to believe its only 95c with no reoccurring fee's. Just cuz you think you know it all and are high all mighty don't try to justify a company that takes advantage of peoples needs and wants. CLEARLY sessa, your review doesn't mean s**t to anyone on here. Hope it happens to you one day..sure as *** wouldn't get any sympathy from me or even the other reviewers on here. Have great day! Oh if you read the fine print to my comment, it actually says "have a shi**y". Oh that's right you didn't see the fine print.

3 0 Reply

Aug 13, 2014

dear rad,
It's just another ahole feeling smug because an honest person got
ripped offf.

edpow

Oct 23, 2013

Scamming is also paying for a product and getting *** for a result. I understand quite clearly what a scam is and THIS IS IT. Does people finder have you shills looking all over the internet to post *** posts like this.

3 0 Reply
Rich v

Mar 23, 2013

:eek :sigh :( Thats bcause all u ppl who posted on here dont use their service for work, it serves no purpose just to look up a buddy or some old flame ur still in love with after she dumped u 10 yrs ago.Lol. If ur in the Real Estate business like I am & u need to find ppl $24.95 is a steal for when u reach important leads to buy perspective properties.

0 2 Reply
Nick

Mar 25, 2013

Rich, I would like to start a class action lawsuit against these crooks. I too have been ripped off, over $50.00 worth. I've had to cancel my debit card and issue a fraud complaint. i do not know where to go to to get legal help on this. Is there any way possible for ea. of us complaining on here to start an injunction and/or class action lawsuit against them for fraud?
Just wondering,
Nick

sjoh431674@aol.com

May 29, 2013

I must agree. I was charged 24.95 for this service and I did not sign up for it. I used the service one time for .95 and did not sign up for it. I paid for the service at that time with my credit card, but then I get these charges on my card.

Steve

Feb 22, 2013 Brecksville, Ohio

They got me for five months at $25 a month on my credit card. I did the ninety five cents for three day trial. I looked up one old school buddy. Couldn't have been on their site for more than two minutes. They got me for $125. I disputed it with my cc company. They initially credited my card, but people finders disputed it, and I was eventually charged the money. I called People Finders, and spoke to the rudest woman on earth.

Make no mistake. This company is the epitome of organized crime. Avoid at all costs. Total ripoff. They'll steal your money.

Shamrock

Jan 18, 2013

I was also scammed by peoplefinders.com. They will not refund the $24.99 that they took from my atm card account. Don't use them! They must be other services with integrity that can do the same job.

cnybooster

Jan 15, 2013 Syracuse, New York

I, also, signed up for the $0.95 and cancelled the "contract" on the 5th day. peoplefinders.com, however, charged my account $24.95 on the 4th day . I challenged the charge with my cc company and peoplefinders.com sent them a whole bunch of papers showing searches I did not initiate and according to peoplefinders.com records, I didn't cancel until nine days later. This is an outright lie. These people are not on the up and up, regardless of what rating the BBB gives. I suggest we all file a complaint with the BBB as peoplefinders.com are a scam and a shame.

1-20 of 77 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.